Comment on page
Pivot task has the function of transposing the values of a column, creating several new columns. For example, Gaio can take a column of States and create new columns, one for each state.
Various settings can be made in the transposition process.
- 1.Define the name of the task that will be generated.
- 2.Define the name of the table that will be generated.
- 3.Column whose values will be transformed into columns (e.g. State).
- 4.Because the column values have become the titles of the new columns, the values that these new columns will receive are defined in this Pivoted Column Value item . It is usually a numeric column.
- 5.If you want to define an order in which new columns will be generated, choose between ascending and descending.
- 6.Depending on the columns that will be in the generated table and the data used as source, it may be necessary to apply an aggregation to the column chosen in Pivoted column value . In this case, you can choose between average, count, minimum, maximum and sum.
- 7.Additional columns: In the generated table, columns from the source table can be added. Choose in this item which ones should go to the generated table.
- 8.Finally, the transposed columns can be at the beginning or end of the table. They are usually at the end.
Finally, after choosing the column to transpose, its values will appear in Gaio, giving the possibility of changing the column names.